6 Sept 2013

My next gaming heroin.

Most people will in some form know the Wing Commander franchise and its creator, Chris Roberts. Unless you've been living under a rock or on the moon you are aware that Chris Roberts is currently developing a new game called Star Citizen, with which he truly aims to create the ultimate space faring universe, far beyond anything we've seen in the past.

Cloud Imperium Games started out with a Kickstarter goal of $500,000, but ended up raising a bit over $2.1 million in the thirty days the Kickstarter campaign ran. They've accepted pledges on their own site the whole time, and have just celebrated passing the $17 million mark on the 31st of August, a mere six days ago! At the time of writing this the $18 million mark is only some $15,000 away... the support for this game is nothing short of astounding.

This makes me so excited! Like the months leading up to the Planetside 2 beta, Star Citizen is always on my mind these days and almost all I can think about. The thought of having this massive universe with virtually endless possibilities and stuff to do, makes me tingly all over.

I'll be making a youtube video in the near future describing both my excitement for the game and explaining why I think this will succeed in making not just an amazing game, but an genuinely unique experience worthy of many years of gaming. First I have to figure out how to edit videos, as I really don't want to release a completely amateurish video (like my first ones =p).


Catch all you beautiful nerds later.

-Niv

No comments:

Post a Comment